MASS TIMES
SATURDAY VIGIL

6 PM

SUNDAY

9 AM

SUNDAY

5 PM

NEWS
Open
07/02/2018
Read more
UPCOMING EVENTS
Open

Our History

The parish was established on 23 October, 1940. The first Parish Priest was Fr. J. J. Mulheren. In preparation for the formation of the parish, St. Therese Church had been built and opened in 1939. Immediately it had been used as a church-school, thus commenced St Therese Primary School. The first principal was Sr. Juliana Madigan sgs. and the school was staffed by sisters of the Good Samaritan Congregation.

30 November 1941 The presbytery was opened. Previously the Parish priest had lived in Wollongong.
1951 Establishment of the Diocese of Wollongong.
1962 Establishment of a Good Samaritan convent in the parish. Previously the sisters had resided at their Wollongong Convent.
1987 Closure of the Good Samaritan Convent.

                           

From the 1960s the school became increasingly staffed by lay teachers. The first lay principal was appointed in 1978. The sisters ceased involvement with the school  after closure of the convent.

 

Our Parish Priest is now Fr. David O’Brien and St. Therese Catholic Primary School principal is Mrs. Brenda Wilson.